There's something about the world of steampunk that fascinates me.
This case project turns your modern utilitarian external hard drive into a living, mechanical organism. With its brass clock heart and leather flesh, it's almost a perfect depiction of the creepy machine-driven Victorian era that first wooed me in The City of Lost Children.
Your external drive will no longer be just an inanimate object for storage. It feels more like a biotic companion for information exchange.
- Portable hard drive
- Balsa wood piece (3/32" x 4" x 36")
- Balsa wood piece (1/4" x 4" x 36")
- Medium thin brass (sheet)
- Brass rivets (bag)
- Tooling leather (piece)
- Black heavy thread
- Gilded plastic gears / brass gears
- Leather dye (brown)
- Small digital clock with fake gold setting
- 2" Quartz brass fancy clock
- Drill (preferably drill press)
- Dremel rotary tool
- Rivet setter
- Rotary leather punch
- Sharp utility knife
- Forester bit set
- Black Sharpie marker
- Ziplock bags (2)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades